In Article Image: DO YOU RELATE?
I’m out of bed and made it to the laptop. What more can I ask for?
Dear Reader, if you are still stressed out working from home, you should definitely read this post.
As the virus spreads across the globe, several countries are in lockdown and many others are encouraging social distancing, wherever possible. But in the midst of lockdown and home quarantine stories, an amazing thing that grabbed my attention is how we (millennial) are showing off our ‘Work from Home’ thing on social media.
The question is: Are you really enjoying it or is it just for garnering attention?
I’m working from home and it’s not an easy feat. I wake up, get dressed (or rather be in pajamas), power on my laptop and start off with my daily work. But sometimes, in fact most of the times, it’s difficult to stay focused with so many distractions like family members talking to each other and bumping into your room, birds chirping, dogs barking, vegetable vendors shouting or your siblings arguing during online meetings can make you feel embarrassed. You ought to be available as and when required. Personally, I feel that our working hours at home are more as compared to office hours. And on top of that, your boss expects you to be super productive too. He wants you to realize even though working from home offers a great amount of flexibility, it’s still a professional job and you ought to treat it the way it is.
Admit it: Work from home amid lockdown has lost its forte, just the way Weekends have lost their charm!
What do you guys feel? Post your individual experiences on the Comment section.
The idea behind this post is to make you realize the fact that working from home is not as bad as you think. It can be fun too.
It might give you better results as there are no protocols to be followed. And I believe, you’re at your comfort zone without any burden at the back of your mind. It becomes way easier to strike work -life balance which becomes quite difficult when you go to office. Your home provides the much needed stress free environment and you get to spend more time with your family.
Some of the moments I am enjoying and wish to pause are:
- I have my personal dedicated space where I usually work avoiding home-bound distractions.
- I love it since I can ditch pants, and sit the way I want and not continuously focusing on how I am looking. Presentable or not! Who cares while you are at home?
- I don’t have to travel all the way to office when there is no work. All I have to do is shift my lazy bum to bed and watch my favorite web series which is strictly prohibited at office.
- I love it when I can enjoy my grooming sessions in between office work.
- I get to cook my favourite dishes, experiment different recipes and be up to date with my quarantine stories.
- So what if I can’t have tea breaks with my colleagues, I still enjoy ‘Ghar ki Chai’ with family.
- And lastly, not to forget that 30 minutes power nap time that I love the most.
Somewhere in distant future, stuck in traffic jams, we will definitely relive these moments while where Tuesdays look pretty much like Saturdays. So guys, instead of cribbing or feeling dejected, lets enjoy and Pause these Moments before they pass by.